Make Your Own Ice Cream Bars With A Pringles Can
If there were ever two things that make seemingly no sense together, it would have to be an empty Pringles can and ice cream. But the thing is, they actually make a great team because the empty can is the perfect utensil for making your own homemade ice cream bars! All you need is a few of your favorite ice cream flavors, like vanilla, chocolate, and pistachio, popsicle sticks, and that empty Pringles can. If you're still struggling to comprehend how in the world this is supposed to work, check out this recipe!
You'll Need (for 8):
- 3 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 3 scoops pistachio ice cream
- 3 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 3 scoops raspberry sorbet
- 1 empty Pringles can
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
For the decoration:
- melted white chocolate
- melted semi-sweet chocolate
- mini M&M's
- coconut flakes
- sliced strawberries
- pretzel sticks
- banana chips
- chopped pistachios
- chopped nuts
1. Remove all the crumbs, grease, and salt from the empty Pringles can. Then fill it with the ice cream scoops in a colorful order. Once it's full, use a glass to press it all down and smooth out the surface.
2. Put the lid on the can. If the ice cream has become too soft, put the can back in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then use a small knife to make 8 evenly spaced insertions in the sidewall of the can. Insert the popsicle sticks into the cuts and put the can in the freezer, preferably overnight.
3. The next day, put the can on a chopping board and carefully cut it into equally wide segments.
4. Remove the packaging from the individual ice cream bars, transfer the ice cream bars to a parchment-lined baking tray, and place the pan in the freezer. Once the ice cream is completely solid, dip the bars in melted chocolate and roll them in your toppings of choice to create some beautiful patterns.
Eating a can of Pringles honestly shouldn't be a problem – those things are almost as addictive as ice cream, after all. So, once you've devoured the entire can of chips, you can get started on these ice cream bars right away. Treat yourself!
Get the recipe for the Twix Ice Cream Bar featured in the bonus video.