Home Fry Egg Skillet – The Deluxe Version Of Fried Potatoes
When you're in the mood for a good, hearty breakfast, nothing hits the spot better than a big plate full of home fries. They're easy to make and filling enough that you shouldn't have to worry about any mid-morning snacks to get you through till lunch. With a bit of salt, pepper, and spice, they're great on their own. But you can also go the extra mile and add some more ingredients to create the "deluxe version."
- 5 medium potatoes
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- 3½ oz bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Heat the oil in the pan, add the potato cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes have simmered for a while, add some bacon, onion and garlic, and fry the ingredients well.
- Now make three troughs in the pan and crack the eggs into them. Add some tomato slices, cover the pan with a lid and fry everything for five more minutes. Garnish the finished dish with spring onion.
Mmmm, that smells good! And because the potatoes are chopped so small, they fry up in no time at all. Whoever said a hot breakfast takes too long? So the next time you go to make some home fries, try the deluxe version instead and you might not even need lunch at all!