Hawaiian Pork Roast Filled With Ham, Pineapple, And Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- ⅔ cup béarnaise sauce
- 6 slices of ham
- 3 lb pork loin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2–3 pineapple slices, chopped
- 3 tbsp rum
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
1. Heat the béarnaise sauce, pour the mixture into 6 of the molds of a silicone long ice stick tray, and freeze for 2-3 hours.
2. Heat the sugar in a pan over medium heat, and once the sugar has caramelized, add the pineapple to the pan. Heat the rum in a ladle and ignite it with a culinary torch. Carefully pour the flaming rum into the pan and briefly flambé the caramelized pineapple.
3. Remove the frozen béarnaise sauce sticks from the freezer and wrap each one in a slice of ham.
4. Cut the pork loin into 4 even slices. Place the 6 béarnaise sauce-stuffed ham rolls on a pork loin slice and top with another slice of pork loin, followed by a layer of flambéed pineapple chunks.
5. Place a pork loin slice on top of the pineapple chunks and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and maraschino cherries on top.
6. Place the final pork loin slice on top of the maraschino cherries and tie cooking twine around the meat to secure the inner layers. Brush BBQ sauce over the Hawaiian pork roast and cook in a preheated oven at 350°F for 50 minutes.
Get the recipe for the Pork Roast With Apple Stuffing featured in the bonus video.