Hasselback Fried Chicken Coated In Paprika Chips
If your go-to fried chicken recipe is starting to feel a little stale, this dish is the perfect way to spice things up. Fresh chicken breasts coated in creamy yogurt, dipped in spicy chips, and spread out in a ring – this is the most flavorful chicken dish you'll ever have!
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 bag of red chips (like paprika chips, hot cheetos, or doritos)
- 24 oz plain yogurt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- cooking oil for frying
- French fries
- ketchup & mayonnaise for dipping
1. Place the chicken breasts between 2 wooden skewers and make several incisions, making sure not to cut all the way through.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the yogurt, oregano, garlic powder, and sugar together.
4. Place the chicken breasts in a small pan, pour enough of the yogurt mixture on top to cover the chicken, and let the chicken marinate for 2 hours.
Tip: Add your favorite salad ingredients to the rest of the yogurt and mix well so you'll have a delicious salad with a creamy yogurt dressing to go with your chicken later.
5. Crush the chips and pour the crumbs into a pan.
6. Dredge the marinated chicken breasts in the chip crumbs.
7. Connect the ends of each chicken breast with a wooden skewer.
8. Fry the chicken in hot cooking oil until crispy.
9. Serve the crispy fried chicken with the salad you made earlier, French fries, and the dipping sauce of your choice, such as ketchup or mayonnaise.
This chicken dish will turn heads not only because of its unique look, but also its great taste. A spicy, crispy chip crust combined with smooth, tangy yogurt will make this your new favorite fried chicken recipe! You can find the recipe for the Fried Chicken Donuts featured in the bonus video here.