Hasselback Fried Chicken Rings
If your go-to fried chicken recipe is starting to feel a little stale, this dish is the perfect way to spice things up. Fresh chicken breasts coated in creamy yogurt, dipped in spicy chip crumbs, and spread out in a ring – this is the most flavorful chicken dish you'll ever have!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
For the fried chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste
- yogurt marinade
- red chip crumbs
For the yogurt marinade:
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
1. Place the chicken breasts between 2 wooden skewers and make several vertical incisions in the meat, making sure not to cut all the way through. Season the hasselback chicken with salt and pepper.
2. For the yogurt marinade, combine the plain yogurt, oregano, garlic powder, and sugar. Place the chicken breasts in a small pan, pour the yogurt marinade over the chicken, and let the chicken marinate for 2 hours.
Tip: Add your favorite salad ingredients to the rest of the yogurt marinade and mix well so you'll have a delicious salad with a creamy yogurt dressing to enjoy with your meal.
3. Pour the red chip crumbs into a deep baking tray and completely coat the marinated chicken breasts in chip crumbs.
4. Connect the ends of each coated chicken breast with a wooden skewer.
5. Heat some cooking oil in a pot and fry the hasselback chicken rings until crispy.
6. Serve the hasselback fried chicken rings with French fries, the salad you made earlier, and your dipping sauce of choice.
This chicken dish will turn heads not only because of its unique look, but also its great taste. A spicy, crispy chip crust combined with smooth, tangy yogurt will make this your new favorite fried chicken recipe!
Get the recipe for the Fried Chicken Donuts featured in the bonus video.