Hamburger Pizza With Mini Cheeseburger Stuffed Crust
The two most popular foods in the world are arguably pizza and burgers, and for good reason. Cheesy, meaty, doughy – both delectable dishes offer the same goods in their own very special way. And because life is tough enough without agonizing over what to cook for dinner, go ahead and treat yourself to the best of both worlds with this hamburger pizza mashup.
For the pizza dough:
- 14 oz flour
- ½ tsp yeast
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 8 fl oz lukewarm water
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the hamburger patties:
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
For the pizza toppings:
- 5 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella
- small slices of cheddar cheese
- pickle slices
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 3-4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 3 tbsp Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare the pizza dough. Pour the flour in a bowl and form a small well in the middle. Add the sugar and yeast to the bottom and pour in the lukewarm water. Knead everything together and add the oil and salt. Knead again until a smooth dough that doesn't stick to your hands forms. If the dough is still too sticky, just add some more flour. Form the dough into a ball, place it in a bowl, cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and leave it in a warm place to rise.
2. Take about 4 oz of the dough to form the hamburger bun, roll it out into a thin circle, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Whisk an egg with the milk, brush it over the dough, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, and cook at 400°F for about 14 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, start on the mini hamburger patties. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and mix well. Remove about 4 oz for the center hamburger, form it into a patty, and cook it on both sides in a pan over medium heat. Form the remaining ground beef into small patties (about 3 tbsp each), and brown them in the pan on both sides until cooked through.
3. Roll out the remaining dough into a circle on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Arrange the small patties around the crust and fold the dough in around the patties, as shown in the video. Save some of the small patties back for the next step.
4. Place small slices of cheddar cheese on each mini hamburger patty. Spread the tomato sauce over the open section of dough in the middle and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Tear up the leftover mini meat patties from the last step and sprinkle them over the cheese. Put the pan in the oven at cook at 400°F for 14 minutes.
5. Spread pickle slices over the melted cheese. In the center of the pizza, lay down some tomato slices, lettuce, the main hamburger patty, the sauce of your choice (we recommend Thousand Island dressing), and finally the sesame seed bun.
Cheeseburger? Check! Pizza? Check? Hamburger pizza? Check! You'll never have to pick between burgers and pizza agin, thanks to this heavenly creation!
You can find the recipe for the Cheeseburger Pizza featured in the bonus video here.