Halloween Feet Loaf – Spicy Meatloaf With A Cheesy Filling
Halloween is just around the corner and because we love trying out new Halloween recipes, we've come up with a spooky meatloaf dish that's sure to give you goosebumps and make you super hungry at the same time. If Halloween is your thing, ground beef, leeks, and melted cheese are about to make your night!
For the meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 oz bread crumbs
- 1 onion, minced (10 small pieces set aside)
- 4 eggs
- 3 fl oz milk
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ketchup to garnish
For the filling:
- 2 leeks
- 5 oz shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and evenly mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, eggs, milk, parsley, mustard, and spices together in a large bowl.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and use half of the ground beef mixture to create two "soles."
3. Cut the leeks into 3 to 4-inch pieces, remove the inner layers, and stuff them with the mozzarella. You'll need 8 stuffed leek rolls.
4. Place 3 stuffed leek rolls in the middle of each ground beef sole, cover them with the remaining ground beef, and form feet out of the meat.
5. Stick one stuffed leek roll upright in the "ankle" area of each ground beef foot.
6. Use a knife and your fingers to form "toes" at the front of each meat foot. Slide the an into the oven and cook for 60 minutes.
7. Spread ketchup around the upright leeks and use the onion pieces you set aside earlier as toenails.
And here we were thinking that "cheese feet" was a bad thing... this recipe is sure to bring a new and delicious meaning to the term! You can find the recipe for the Mummy Hot Dogs featured in the bonus video here.