Homemade Jello In A Can With Gummy Bears And Peaches
Canned fruits get kind of a bad rap, but what people often don't know is that canned fruit gets picked at their peak ripeness, which means that you're actually guaranteed deliciousness when you buy them in canned form! Even if you're still skeptical at this point, this recipe will definitely convert you! We're turning canned peaches into giant jello. But that's not all - there's also a creamy peach layer and refreshing yogurt mint jello to tie all the different elements together. This dessert is perfect for a hot summer's day!
- 24 oz canned peaches
- 14 oz white and yellow gummy bears
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- 3 cups water
- ⅔ cup yogurt
- a handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped into small strips
- a large, empty can that can hold at least 72 oz
1. Strain the canned peaches through a sieve.
2. Add 18 oz of the peaches into the large, empty can and puree them with an immersion blender. Freeze the can with the puree for at least 2 hours.
3. Cut the rest of the peaches into cubes and put them aside for now.
4. Add 7 oz each of the yellow and white gummy bears with the lime juice and half of the water to a saucepan and heat everything slowly. Once the gummy bears have melted, add the yogurt and finely chopped mint.
5. Take the can with the pureed peaches out of the freezer and add the gummy bear yogurt mixture, then refrigerate the can for at least 1 hour.
6. Add the rest of the gummy bears and lemon juice along with the rest of the water to a saucepan and heat everything.
7. Take the can out of the fridge and pour the clear jello over it, then add the peaches. Refrigerate the can for at least another 4 hours (preferably overnight).
8. Once you're ready to serve, turn the can over and let the jello slide onto a plate. It's easier if you prick a hole in the bottom of the can with a can opener.
This is one fruity and wobbly dessert! And it looks fantastic, too. How awesome is it when that peach sauce drips down the side of the jello after you turn it over? Iconic!
Get the recipe for the Gummy Bear Jello Cake featured in the bonus video.