Enjoy Fresh Summer Goodness With 5-Minute Guacamole Salad
In the blazing heat of summer, the last thing on our minds is a heavy meal. It's a time of year when we tend to eat lighter, and that means more salads. Either as a side instead of potatoes or as a meal in and of itself, some tasty greens can be just the right thing when the mercury starts to soar. So here's a salad with a summery twist of lime and a hint of cilantro that will help you to beat the heat without losing out on flavor.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 avocados
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 3.5 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly. Cut the cucumbers and tomatoes into cubes and put them in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and then into cubes while still in the skin. Use a spoon to scrape the cubes out.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- To give your salad that crowning touch, add some cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together and serve.
With all the ingredients for guacamole plus a few extra, you can make a meal out of that tangy dip. Whether as a light snack, a side dish or a main course, this salad really hits the spot in the summer heat. Enjoy!