This Greek Pizza Ring Is Perfect For Your Next Party!
Pizza has a permanent place in the hearts of many people. And while we have Italy to thank for this incomparable dish, other variants have popped up over the years, all around the world. With this popular recipe, add a little taste of Greece to your next pizza night!
You'll Need (for 2-4 portions):
- puff pastry (around 12 inches in diameter)
- 3 tomatoes, cut into slices)
- 1 zucchini, cut into slices)
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 8 mini mozzarella balls
- 3.5 oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 egg yolk
- black olives
- Roll the pastry onto a sheet of baking paper and cut into a circle. Place a bowl upside down in the center of the pastry.
- Spread the pesto aroud the bowl, forming a perfect pesto ring.
- Place the tomato and zucchini slices alternately on top of the pesto.
- Now place the mozzarella balls on top of the tomato slices.
- Top the zucchini with cubed feta cheese.
- Sprinkle oregano over the entire ring.
- Now cut the center of the pastry as if it were a pizza, making eight even slices. Be sure not to cut into the pesto ring.
- Fold the outer edges of the pastry in, so that it lies securely over the tomato and zucchini slices. Now take the tips of the "pizza slices" from the center of the pastry, and fold them outwards.
- Now brush the entire ring with egg yolk.
- Place black olive slices atop the folded pastry sections.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 355°F.
This pizza ring not only tastes great, but is also a real treat for the eyes! Because no utensils are required, it makes a great party snack. But please be warned: there will probably not be any leftovers. Enjoy!