Mouthwatering Giant Stuffed Mushrooms
Though mushrooms may not have the best reputation, we bet the skeptics among you will give them a second chance after checking out this recipe. As with any food, it's all about the preparation, and our recipe combines the wonderfully dense meatiness of the mushroom with a delicious creamy filling. Trust us — this dish will convert you from a mushroom hater to a mushroom lover!
You'll Need (for 3):
- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Hollow out the mushrooms by removing the stalk and gills. Then brush olive oil onto the mushroom caps, both inside and outside.
- To prepare the filling, chop up the spinach and mix it with all the other ingredients.
- Spoon the filling into the three mushrooms and flatten the top. The mushrooms are baked at 360°F for 12 minutes.
This simple recipe is ideal as a party snack and hopefully helps any doubters see the humble mushroom in a completely different light. We also recommend trying our Giant Stuffed Mushrooms on the grill at your next barbecue!