Giant Oreo Cake
If you love Oreos, you're going to love this cake, especially because our giant Oreo cake is quick and super easy to make! We're making 2 moist chocolate cake layers, creating a heavenly cream from the cookie filling, and topping this glorious creation with a crunchy chocolate lid. It's a dream come true for anyone who's ever wanted to eat milk's favorite cookie in the form of a cake!
For the chocolate cake:
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅔ cup hot water
For the cream filling:
- cream filling from the Oreo cookies
- ⅔ cup whipped cream
- ¾ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
For the chocolate lid:
- large Oreo tin
- semi-sweet chocolate, tempered
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Separate the Oreo cream filling from the cookie layers and set aside for later. Crush the Oreo cookie layers so you are left with cookie crumbs.
2. For the chocolate cake, beat the eggs and sugar until frothy and add the Oreo cookie crumbs. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Then stir in the vegetable oil, milk, and hot water.
3. Pour the cake batter into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for about 30 minutes or until done, and then let it cool completely.
4. Take the cream filling from the Oreo cookies that you set aside earlier, combine it with the whipped cream, cream cheese, and powdered sugar, and mix well. Spoon the cream into a piping bag and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
5. Use an Oreo tin or an equally large canister to cut out 2 even circles from the chocolate cake.
6. Pour the tempered chocolate into the lid of the Oreo tin. Let the chocolate cool briefly, place one of the cake circles in the lid, and let the chocolate set.
7. Pipe the cream filling from the piping bag on the other cake circle.
8. Place the cake circle with the chocolate lid on top of the cream filling and remove the tin lid.
It really is that easy to turn Oreos into a delicious cake. See for yourself if this cake's moist cake layers, Oreo cream filling, and chocolate top with an extra snap are enough to convince you!
Get the recipe for the Giant Oreo Cookie featured in the bonus video.