Wonderful Giant Chicken Cannelloni — A Stuffed Pasta Recipe For The Perfect Main Course
You can't get full from just one piece of pasta, which is why you usually need to eat a whole plateful to satisfy your appetite. But in today's recipe, we're going to be taking a different approach to an Italian classic by preparing our tasty filled cannelloni in enlarged form. Take a look at this beast!
- 5 lasagna sheets (precooked or fresh)
- 5 slices of gouda
- 3½ oz grated mozzarella
- 1 oz parmesan
For the corn and béchamel sauce:
- 10½ oz corn (drained)
- 17 fl oz milk
- 1⅓ oz butter
- 3 tbsp flour
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- salt and pepper
- 10 fl oz tomato sauce
- 6¾ fl oz sour cream
- 7 oz corn (drained)
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary
- Prepare the corn and béchamel sauce by adding the corn, milk, butter, and flour to a mixer and blending the ingredients into a fine puree. Next, pass everything through a sieve into a pot, cook it for a short while, and season with salt and nutmeg.
- Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil. Next, add the shredded chicken, tomato sauce, sour cream, corn, thyme, and rosemary to the pan before seasoning everything with salt and pepper. Leave the mixture to simmer.
- Place a slice of gouda on top of each lasagna sheet, add two tablespoons of the filling onto each slice of cheese, and finish by rolling the entire thing up into a cannelloni. Place your five giant cannelloni in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella onto the cannelloni and pour the corn and béchamel sauce on top. Next, grate some parmesan on top and place the casserole dish in a convection oven set to 370°F for 13 minutes.
Yup, size really does matter! Big in taste, the wonderful combination of cheese and béchamel sauce will also have you quickly reaching for a second helping. Wonderful!