When you want something particularly tasty: Garlic Steak Baguette
It's not every day you get a juicy steak on your plate — and that's just as well, because then you can properly appreciate it when one does turn up! And if you want to make the most of a fine piece of meat, this recipe can definitely help you out.
You'll need (for 3 portions):
- vegetable oil
- 9 oz steak
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 bunch of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan and some more for garnishing
- 7 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 baguette
- Cut the steak into three strips. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the strips on both sides.
- Melt the butter in another pan and add the parsley, parmesan and garlic.
- Cut the baguette into three pieces of equal length and hollow them out. Stick the steak strips in the baguette-tubes, place them in a baking tray and pour the garlic and herb butter over them. Now bake the baguettes at 350°F for 15 minutes.
To serve, you can cut the baguettes into small portions and garnish them with a bit more parmesan. And don't be surprised when the other dishes on the table get ignored — because let's face it, a Garlic Steak Baguette is no everyday meal!