Garlic Bread Lasagna Ring Stuffed With Bolognese And Béchamel Sauce
Lasagna is one of the most popular comfort foods around, and for good reason! Layers of delicious lasagna noodles, ground beef filling, tomato sauce, and melted cheese – what's not to like? The only thing that could make a lasagna dinner any more complete is a side of toasted garlic bread, fresh out of the oven. These 2 culinary classics go so well together that we decided to combine them into 1 recipe, making your favorite comfort foods even cozier! This recipe for a garlic bread lasagna ring layers up delicious buttery garlic bread, tender lasagna noodles, creamy béchamel sauce, and a hearty ground beef Bolognese sauce, bringing you an inventive new dish that's as fun to serve as it is to eat. Convenient and satisfying, this dish is perfect for your next family dinner!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the garlic bread:
- 19 slices of white bread
- 1½ sticks butter, melted
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
For the lasagna layers:
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked & cut to size
- 8 slices of cheese, cut to size
For the Bolognese sauce:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
For the béchamel sauce:
- ¼ stick butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1⅔ cups milk
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the crust off of the slices of white bread and flatten each slice with a rolling pin.
2. Stir together the minced garlic, chopped parsley, and melted butter, then brush the butter mixture over both sides of each slice of bread.
3. Brush melted butter over the interior of the bundt cake pan, then line it with the slices of garlic bread.
4. Slice the cooked lasagna noodles lengthwise, then add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles on top of the layer of garlic bread. Slice the pieces of cheese lengthwise, then add a layer of cheese on top of the lasagna noodles.
5. For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour, and let the mixture heat up. Add in the milk, grated parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, then stir everything together until it becomes a smooth, creamy sauce. Pour ⅓ of the béchamel sauce on top of the layer of cheese in the bundt cake pan.
6. For the Bolognese sauce, sauté the diced onion and minced garlic in a frying pan with small amount of vegetable oil until the onions become translucent. Add in the ground beef and fry it until it becomes golden brown. Add the tomato paste to the meat, then deglaze the pan with the diced tomatoes. Let everything heat up, then let it simmer briefly. Season the Bolognese sauce with red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, then stir in the heavy cream.
7. Spoon ½ of the Bolognese sauce into the bundt cake pan.
8. Add another layer of lasagna noodles, followed by another layer of cheese.
9. Pour in another ⅓ of the béchamel sauce, then add the rest of the Bolognese sauce.
10. Place the final layer of lasagna noodles and slices of cheese on top. Cover the slices of cheese with the remainder of the garlic bread.
11. Transfer the bundt pan to the oven and bake the garlic bread lasagna ring at 350°F for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Once it's done baking, flip it over onto a serving plate and serve the garlic bread lasagna ring with the rest of the béchamel sauce.
This lasagna garlic bread ring combines 2 delicious dishes to bring you 1 irresistible comfort food meal. Both lasagna and garlic bread in every bite? Yes, please! Our mouths are watering just thinking about it!
Get the recipe for the Giant Ham & Cheese Toast Swirl featured in the bonus video.