Traditional French Black Cherry Clafoutis Cake
In case you've never had the pleasure of trying this sweet treat, clafoutis is a traditional French dessert with black cherries baked in a buttered dish. But do you want to know the real secret to achieving a fluffy cake batter that is then poured over the sweet and tart fruit? A healthy dollop of cream cheese!
- 20 oz black cherries
- butter & sugar to grease the pan
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz flour
- 3 oz sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- powdered sugar for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and remove the pits from the cherries.
2. Generously brush a round 10-inch pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
3. Pour the cherries into the pan.
4. Mix the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, salt, and butter together.
5. Fold in the cream cheese.
6. Pour the batter over the cherries and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake.
Because this cake is seriously THAT good, you should be on high alert when sharing it with others – there's no guarantee they won't rip it right out of your hands and fight you for the last piece!
You can find the recipe for the Cherry Cream Tart featured in the bonus video here.