Fondue Burger With Homemade Fries
This juicy, cheesy burger is the Swiss-American culinary hybrid you never knew you needed – just one bite will have you wondering why you never thought of this before. We're combining oh-so-good fondue with the tried and true burger, but with a twist, naturally! And as an added bonus, everything's made from scratch in this recipe, down to the special sauce and the crispy fries which are perfect for dunking. We guarantee you'll be fondue of this delicious creation!
Yield: 1 burger
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the special burger sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp chopped capers
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 5-6 celery leaves, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
For the fondue burger:
- 10 oz ground beef + 1 large onion + salt & pepper to taste
- 1 hamburger bun
- tomato slices
- 8 slices raclette cheese or Swiss cheese
- black sesame seeds
For the homemade fries:
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes
- salt to taste
1. Use a glass to cut a hole out of the top half of the burger bun.
2. For the special burger sauce, add the mayo, mustard, whole grain mustard, capers, shallot, celery leaves, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and mix until combined.
3. For the homemade fries, cut the potatoes into thick slices and soak them in a bowl of cold water to get rid of the starch. Dab them dry and blanch them for about 5-10 minutes in oil heated to 300°F oil. Let them drain and then fry them again in oil heated to 325°F until crispy and golden brown. Season the fries with salt.
4. For the hamburger patty, season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Peel the onion and cut out a large ring from the center. Spread the ground beef all around the onion ring until it is completely covered and then fry it on both sides.
5. Melt the raclette cheese slices in a pan over low heat.
6. Spread some of the special burger sauce on the bottom half of the bun and top with lettuce, tomato, the hamburger patty, and some ketchup. Finally, place the top half of the bun with the hole cut out on top.
7. Pour the melted fondue cheese into the hole in the burger, sprinkle sesame seeds on top, and serve the fondue burger with the crispy homemade fries.
If enjoying this burger is wrong, we don't want to be right! Once you try this juicy masterpiece, you'll never go back to plain old hamburgers!
Get the recipe for the Cheesy Potatoes Bacon Bowl featured in the bonus video.