Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream Log
Ferrero Rocher is one of the most popular chocolates in the world, and it's no wonder! Those delicious, elegant little balls of joy bring the perfect amount of milk chocolate and hazelnut cream straight to your mouth. Their chocolatey decadence inspired us to up the ante and design an even richer summery dessert. This recipe for a Ferrero Rocher ice cream log starts off with a gooey white chocolate and hazelnut cream filling, rolled up in layers of chocolate ice cream and chocolate rice krispies. The whole shebang is then topped off with a rich chocolate hazelnut ganache to add a nice crunch. This isn't your average ice cream cake, that's for sure!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Advanced
For the white chocolate hazelnut roll:
- 1 cup peeled hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 10 oz white chocolate, chopped
For the chocolate rice krispies:
- 3½ cups marshmallows
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
For the ice cream layer:
- 1 gal chocolate ice cream
For the chocolate hazelnut ganache:
- 16 oz dark chocolate, tempered
- 1⅓ cups chopped hazelnuts
1. For the white chocolate hazelnut mixture, first heat the hazelnuts in a saucepan until they are lightly roasted. Pour in the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a light boil. Add the chopped white chocolate and stir until combined. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool to 85°F.
2. Roll up a piece of parchment paper and slide it inside a paper towel roll. Cut out a small square piece of parchment paper, cover one of the openings on the paper towel roll, and secure it in place with a rubber band.
3. Pour the white chocolate hazelnut mixture into the paper towel roll until it reaches the top, then seal the open end with another square piece of parchment paper and a rubber band. Transfer the filled paper towel roll to the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.
4. For the chocolate rice krispies, melt the butter, marshmallows, and cocoa powder over a double boiler. Add the Rice Krispies cereal and mix until combined.
5. Spread the chocolate rice krispies mixture evenly over a piece of parchment paper, place a second piece of parchment paper on top, and use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture into a flat rectangle.
6. Take the frozen white chocolate hazelnut roll out of the freezer, remove the paper towel roll and parchment paper, and place the roll on top of the chocolate rice krispies.
7. Use the parchment paper underneath the chocolate rice krispies layer to help roll everything up into a snug log. Transfer the log to the refrigerator and let the whole thing harden.
8. Spread an even layer of chocolate ice cream over a piece of parchment paper, transfer the ice cream layer to the freezer, and freeze briefly.
9. Remove the ice cream layer from the freezer, place the chocolate rice krispies roll on the lower section of the ice cream, and use the parchment paper under the ice cream layer to help roll everything up into a snug, thick log. Transfer the Ferrero Rocher ice cream log to the freezer and freeze overnight.
10. The following day, prepare the chocolate hazelnut ganache by tempering the dark chocolate and stirring in the chopped hazelnuts. Remove the Ferrero Rocher ice cream log from the freezer, pour the chocolate hazelnut ganache over it, and dig in!
This Ferrero Rocher ice cream log is the perfect summery take on a delicious chocolatey dessert. Treat yourself to this one-of-a-kind dessert experience – trust us, it's well worth the effort!
Get the recipe for the Giant Twix Bar featured in the bonus video.