Delicious Fanta Cake Served In A Cone & Topped With Caramel
Fanta cake is a fairly simple dessert that's popular at kids' birthday parties throughout Germany. For today's recipe, we'll be refining the presentation somewhat and preparing miniature versions served in ice cream cones. Ready to get creative? Let's go!
For the batter:
- 12 oz cake mix
- 6 fl oz Fanta
- 7 ice cream cones
- 3 fl oz vegetable oil
For the toppings:
- caramel candies
- M&M's or Smarties
- canned mandarins
You'll also need:
- cake springform pan (diameter: 8 inches)
- aluminum foil
- wooden skewer
1. Wrap the cake springform pan with the aluminum foil and stick the ice cream cones through the foil. This keeps the cones upright and you needn't worry about them toppling over when it's filling time. The more layers of aluminum foil you use, the more stable the cones will be.
2. Add the cake mix to a bowl and pour in the Fanta and oil. Mix everything with a hand mixer.
3. Use a spoon to fill the cones up to ¾ full with batter. Bake everything at 325°F for 15 minutes.
4. Leave the cones to cool for a short while afterwards. Use a wooden skewer to poke three small holes into each "ice cream."
5. Melt 10 caramel candies in a pan. You may need to add some water to help the candies melt better.
6. Pour the melted caramel onto the cones. Add some M&M's, Smarties and mandarins for the finishing touch.
Isn't that a neat way to serve cake? The mini Fanta cakes are certainly an excellent addition to your next barbecue or party. Enjoy!
If you liked the look of the Coca Cola Bottle Cake from the bonus video, you can find the recipe here.