These no-bake energy balls are going to impress your tastebuds
Oatmeal bars are a great alternative to stave off your hunger without devouring a whole chocolate bar and then having to gaze upon the empty wrapper in self-disgust. And you don't even have to buy them anymore because you can make your own "oatmeal bars" by yourself with just a few ingredients.
You'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- 4 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
- Squish the bananas using a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bananas and mix the together thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Form little balls out of the mixture. You can use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to do this. You can also use your hands of course but be careful: it's really sticky! If you wet your hands lightly, then it's easier to form the balls.
- The oatmeal balls go into the refrigerator so that they can solidify. If you store them here, the little balls will stay good for a long time.
Here is a video guide to the recipe:
Whipping up your own oatmeal snack is just that easy. You might also have some of your own ideas about how to spruce up the recipe. It could be adding nuts or dried fruits: the decisive factor is your taste preference.