These Eggplant Pizzas Aren't Just Tasty – They're Healthy Too
There are a few kinds of vegetables that are very polarizing: half the people love them, the other half can't stand them. Without a doubt, one such vegetable is eggplant. But the shiny dark violet fruit offers not just unimaginable pleasures, but it's also the key ingredient for the smallest pizza in the world.
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 8 oz mozzarella balls
- 10 basil leaves
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt over the slices and wait about 30 minutes. In this time, the salt will dissolve. Any remaining salt can be dabbed away from the slices using a paper towel.
- Coat the slices with 1 tsp of vegetable oil. Then season the slices with 1 tsp of oregano.
- Bake the eggplant slices at 350°F for 25 minutes in the oven.
- In the meantime, heat up 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic cloves, canned tomatoes as well as 1 tsp. of salt and oregano.
- After baking, add a generous dollop of the tomato sauce to each slice of eggplant.
- Add the mozzarella balls on top of the slices and bake them for another 5 minutes at 350°F.
- Finally garnish the slices with finely chopped basil leaves. Bon appétit!
Here is a video guide to the recipe:
These cute little pizzas are worth every calorie! And you don't even need to feel guilty about it since it's not greasy fast food. So you can go ahead and dig in. Delicious!