Bite into a juicy burger with egg filling!
Whether in summer or winter, during the day or the night, a hot and steamy hamburger is always a good idea. Everyone has their favorite toppings and sauces and, as often seen in restaurants, the variations on the classic burger are endless. A hamburger topped with a fried egg has proven a popular choice for many people. In this recipe, the egg is no longer sitting on top but rather hiding inside, to make the perfect bite even better!
You will need:
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- hamburger bun
- Place the ground beef in a bowl along with the salt and pepper and knead thoroughly.
- Take about a quarter of the beef and press it flat on a clean surface. Take a large cup or mug and use it to shape your ground beef into perfect circles that are the size of your hamburger buns. Cut away the excess beef and put it back into the bowl for later use.
- Now take a smaller receptacle, like an espresso cup or egg holder, and cut out a small circle in the center of the beef patty.
- Go ahead and crack open the egg into a small bowl so that it's ready for the next step!
- Back to the burger: Gently release the patty from the work surface and place it into a pan, already preheated with vegetable oil.
- Flip your burger until evenly browned on both sides. Carefully pour the egg into the center of the patty, and then cover the pan with a lid for about four minutes.
- Now place the patty into a bun, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Hopefully, the burger makes it to the plate! If you are tempted to try a bite beforehand, we're sure no one will blame you. These delicious burgers are easy to make and a guaranteed hit. Enjoy!