Time to hide the Easter Bunnies... in your belly!
What's the best part about Easter? The hiding or the finding?
In the case of these adorable Easter Bunnies, we definitely suggest you hide a few, because if you don't they have a tendency to disappear... hmmmm.
You will need (for 6 Bunnies):
- 5¾ cups flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 cubes compressed yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- Combine flour, salt, honey, vinegar, vanilla extract, oil, and 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl. Warm the milk in the microwave and pour over the compressed yeast, stirring until fully dissolved. Then add the milk to the other ingredients and knead into a dough. Let the dough rise for an hour.
- Knead the dough again briefly. Using a handful of dough, roll into a rope and then coil the rope around itself, forming a circle.
- With about half the amount of dough for the rope, form a small oval and cut two bunny ears so that the face makes up about one third of the shape, and the bunny ears two-thirds. Press a raisin into the head to form the eye. With yet a smaller portion, form a ball for the bunny tail.
- Brush the dough surfaces that will be joined together with beaten egg. Place the head to the front of the larger circle and the smaller circle to the rear. Then brush the entire bunny with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
Decorate as desired with ribbons or icing. Or... if you're feeling really decadent, have some bowls of caramel or chocolate dipping sauce on hand to take the sweetness up a level. Happy baking!