Celebrate Earth With This Natural Cake That's Delicious To Its Core
It may seem that this cake is more suited for a master pastry chef or a cake decorating enthusiast than it is a first-time baker, but don't be discouraged! Although it may look a bit complicated at first, never judge a book by its cover. With these step-by-step instructions, you'll be able to conjure up this planet cake in a jiffy!
For the cake batter:
- 35 oz soft butter
- 27 oz sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 eggs
- 32 oz flour
- 8 oz vanilla pudding mix
- 8 tsp baking powder
- 10 tbsp milk
- food coloring (red & yellow)
For the frosting:
- 17 oz butter
- 17½ oz powdered sugar
- 10½ oz cream cheese
- food coloring (blue & green)
1. First mix the cake ingredients and stir until smooth. Then divide the dough between three different sized bowls: small, medium, and large.
2. Add yellow food coloring to the batter in the medium-sized bowl and red food coloring to the batter in the large bowl.
3. Fill two compartments of a silicone cake pop mold with cake batter from the small bowl. Bake at 320°F for 15 minutes.
4. Divide the yellow-colored batter between two equal-sized, heat-resistant bowls. Remove the two cake balls from the cake pop mold and press them into the middle of the yellow-colored cake batter. Put the two bowls in the oven and bake at 320°F for 45 minutes.
5. Divide the red-colored batter between two equal-sized, heat-resistant bowls — make sure that these bowls are larger than the ones you used for the yellow batter. Press the cooled yellow cake balls into the red batter and bake at 320°F for 90 minutes.
6. Allow the two cake halves to cool completely before slicing a little bit off the top and bottom to create a flat surface.
7. Now put the two cake halves together and ice the cake ball with the prepared frosting. Simply mix all the ingredients together, divide the frosting between two bowls, and add a few drops of blue food coloring to one bowl, and a few drops of green food coloring to the other bowl. Then decorate the cake to look like the planet earth.
Wow, what a cake, right? The cool layered cake is a hit on its own, and then the frosting just brings it all together perfectly! IT's about time we played homage to our beautiful planet with an equally beautiful cake. Have fun on your culinary journey to the center of the earth!
Be sure to check out the recipe for the Galaxy Macarons featured in the bonus video!