Dog Birthday Cake: Man's Best Friend Deserves Nothing But The Best
Humans aren't the only ones with birthdays, so feel free to celebrate your pooch with this yummy dog-friendly cake the next time his birthday rolls around. After all, your four-legged friend deserves to be spoiled!
NOTE: The entire cake can only be eaten by dogs weighing at least 55 pounds. Smaller dogs can only eat a small portion at a time, so please make sure to monitor your furry friend! Please also make sure that your dog doesn't suffer from any food intolerances before serving them this treat.
For the batter:
- 1 carrot
- 1 banana
- 2 egg yolks
- 2½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp dog chocolate
- 5½ oz millet flour
For the frosting:
- 5½ oz low-fat, dairy-free yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 oz coconut oil, melted
- raspberries and blueberries to garnish
- 2 small springform pans (approx. 5-inch and 3-inch)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Peel and grate one carrot. Cut a peeled banana into small pieces and add it to the carrots. Separate two eggs and add the egg yolks to the bowl. Finally, mix everything together.
2. Add the dog chocolate to the melted coconut oil in a heated pot, stir until smooth, and add to the carrot banana mixture.
3. Add the millet flour and stir all ingredients until smooth. Divide the batter between the two greased springforms and press into the base of the pans. Bake the cakes for 35 minutes.
Tip: If you want to decorate the cake with a homemade doggie biscuit, take about 2 tbsp of the batter and cut out the desired shape (e.g. dog bone, birthday number, dog house, etc.) Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
4. While the cake cools, prepare the frosting.
5. Remove the cakes from the pans and cut them in half lengthwise.
6. Spread the frosting on the cut surfaces and put the cakes back together.
7. Put the smaller cake on top of the big one and garnish with the doggies biscuit, berries, and the rest of the frosting. Bow-WOW!
Doesn't this cake look great? Your dog won't be able to keep his paws to himself!
You can find the recipe for the Doggie Biscuits featured in the bonus video here.