Deviled Egg Casserole With Ground Beef & Bechamel Sauce
For the deviled eggs:
- 5 eggs
- 8 oz ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1¼ cups shredded mozzarella
For the bechamel sauce:
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¼ stick butter
- salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste
- 11 x 7 inch casserole dish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and hard-boil the eggs. Brown the meat in some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chopped onions, salt, and pepper. Once the onions are glassy, remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
2. Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them in half. Remove the egg yolks and add them to the ground beef.
3. Melt the butter and flour in a saucepan over low heat, stir in the milk, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and let simmer. Once the sauce has thickened, remove the saucepan from the heat.
4. Add a ladle of béchamel sauce to the ground beef and mix well.
5. Fill each egg with 1 tbsp of the ground beef mixture.
6. Place the deviled eggs in a casserole dish and pour the rest of the béchamel sauce on top, followed by the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cook for 10 minutes.
You can find the recipes for the Baked Chili Mustard Deviled Eggs & Baked Beet Deviled Eggs featured in the bonus video here.