Deluxe Chocolate Cake takes breakfast cereal to a whole new level
Whether it's cornflakes or rice crispies, breakfast cereals are a quick and easy way to start the day. But have you ever thought about making a delicious cake with them? Well, here's a wonderfully tasty recipe that gets the best out of chocolate puffs...
- 1 ⅓ cups cream cheese
- ⅘ cup whipped cream
- 3.5 oz chocolate puffs
- 10.5 oz melted couverture chocolate
- 1 ⅖ cups flour
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅗ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6.7 oz butter
- chocolate flakes
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and mix the two into a smooth mixture.
- Add the chocolate puffs and melted couverture chocolate into a bowl and mix well.
- To prepare the dough, mix the flour, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder using an electric mixer. Then add the butter before mixing the dough again.
- Spoon the dough mix into a small, round baking pan (approximately seven inches in diameter) and bake it at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cut it horizontally into three equal-sized slices. As can be seen in the video, the best way to do this is to take a piece of dental floss and hold it level around the cake. Then carefully pull both ends of the dental floss together. That should cut the cake cleanly.
- Spread chocolate puff mix on the bottom third of the cake before adding some cream cheese mix on top. Make sure everything has been smoothed flat and then place another layer of cake on top. Follow the same procedure by spreading chocolate puff mix, topping it with cream cheese mix and adding the final layer of cake. Now add the remaining chocolate puff mix and cream cheese on top of the cake, but leave some room on the edges. Sprinkle chocolate flakes on top for the finishing touch.
So that's how you turn breakfast into dessert! If you really like your cereal, you should try adding chocolate puffs to the dough itself. Now who's going to take the first slice?