Danish Pastry Cake With Vanilla Pudding And Mixed Berries
If you're looking for an original new dessert to try out, then this Danish pastry cake is just what you've been looking for! Sweet pastry rolls filled with a homemade berry sauce get stacked up and baked around a vanilla pudding core. To finish things off, this stunning cake gets garnished with apricot jam, sliced almonds, and sweet, sweet icing. Fruity, rich, and absolutely delicious, this Danish pastry cake is a refreshing dessert that you can feel good about eating!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- 8 oz mixed berries + ⅓ cup sugar + ⅔ cup water
- 32 oz ready-made yeast dough
- 12 oz ready-made vanilla pudding
- apricot jam, icing & sliced almonds to garnish
1. Add the mixed berries, sugar, and water to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth and then let cool.
2. Roll the yeast dough out into 2 equal rectangles, similar to the size shown in the video. Spread the berry sauce over the 2 dough rectangles and roll each dough rectangle up into a log. Slice each dough log into 25 equally-sized pieces.
3. Line the bottom of a 7.5-inch springform pan with 25 of the berry dough swirls. Heat the vanilla pudding in a saucepan over low until warm and then pour the vanilla pudding over the dough swirls in the pan.
4. Arrange the remaining 25 berry dough swirls in a circle around the inner edges of the cake pan, making sure to leave an open hole in the center of the cake, and press down until all the dough pieces are touching and connected. Transfer the cake pan to a preheated oven and cook at 350°F for 45 minutes.
5. Brush apricot jam over the top and sides of the Danish pastry cake, drizzle icing on top, and garnish with sliced almonds before serving.
Between the freshness of the fruit filling, creamy sweetness of the vanilla pudding, and light & fluffy texture of the Danish pastries, this cake really does have it all. Your sweet tooth definitely won't be disappointed!
Get the recipe for the Strawberries & Cream Puff Pastry Cake featured in the bonus video.