Spotted Chocolate Cow Cake Rolls
Today we're taking things back to the countryside with an adorable cow-themed chocolate Swiss roll!
For the dark sponge cake:
- 6 oz Oreo cookies
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sugar
For the light sponge cake:
- 4 egg whites
- 3 oz sugar
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 oz flour
For the cream:
- Oreo cream
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 6 oz ricotta
- 6 oz whipped cream
- coconut flakes
- candy eyeballs
- melted chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F and separate the Oreo cream from the cookies.
2. Soak the cookies in milk for 10 minutes before blending it into a cream.
3. Mix the Oreo cream with the coconut flakes, ricotta, and whipped cream and set aside for later.
4. For the dark batter, beat together the egg whites, coconut oil, and the dark Oreo cream. Distribute the batter int spots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the light batter. Beat the egg whites until stiff and gradually stir in the sugar. Add the coconut oil and flour and gently mix until smooth. Pour the light batter over the dark spots on the sheet pan, smooth out, and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Carefully flip the cake onto a damp cloth and peel off the parchment paper. Cover it again with a damp cloth, turn it over so that the light dough is face up, and let it cool.
7. Spread the Oreo cream over the cake.
8. Roll up the cake and refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. Cut the roll into pieces and decorate with coconut flakes, candy eyeballs, marshmallows, and melted chocolate to make cows. How udderly adorable!
You can find the recipes for the Dog Cupcakes featured in the bonus video here.