Chicken Cordon Bleu Shish Kabobs Served With Hearty Oven-Baked Potato Wedges
Whether it's spaghetti and meatballs, a simple steak, or cordon bleu, there are certain classic meat recipes that are delicious any time of the year. But for this recipe, we wanted to try something new, something a little different from what most people know, which is why we've come up with a recipe for chicken cordon bleu shish kabobs (quite a mouthful, we know). Serve them up with some oven-baked potato wedges with rosemary, and you've got yourself a tasty meal!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 slices of ham
- 6 slices of cheese
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 bamboo skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butterfly the 3 chicken breasts and carefully flatten them.
2. Place one slice of ham on top of each chicken breast.
3. Season everything with salt and pepper.
4. Place 2 slices of cheese on top of the ham on each chicken breast.
5. Roll up each chicken breast, place them next to one another, and stick 3 wooden skewers through them.
6. Cut the chicken vertically between the skewers so you have 3 equally-sized shish kabobs. Generously brush the shish kabobs with olive oil and coat them in the bread crumbs.
7. Place the skewers on a baking tray and spread potato wedges all around them. Sprinkle rosemary over the potatoes and drizzle olive oil over everything (it's even better if you marinate the potato wedges in olive oil and rosemary beforehand). Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
Who knew making chicken cordon bleu could be so simple, and so fast? And because this version of cordon bleu is served on skewers, they make for ideal finger food!
Get the recipe for the Chicken Cordon Bleu With Béchamel Sauce featured in the bonus video.