Crispy Chicken Cordon Bleu On A Stick
Like so many other culinary delights, such as chocolate and cheese, Switzerland is also responsible for the treasure that is cordon bleu. Tender chicken breast with a core of ham and melty cheese, coated in a crispy breading to give it a nice crunch – it's a combination that just screams comfort. This time around, we're showing you how to make a no-fuss version of the classic that will be perfect for your next big party: corn flake-coated chicken cordon bleu on a stick!
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 slices of cheese
- 3 slices of ham
- 3 wooden spoons
- 2 cups flour
- 4 whisked eggs
- corn flake crumbs for the breading
- oil for frying
1. Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound them thin.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cover each piece with a slice of ham and cheese. Then place a wooden spoon on each cordon bleu and wrap the ingredients around the spoon. Freeze the stuffed and rolled chicken breasts for 1-2 hours.
3. Dredge each cordon bleu on a stick in flour, eggs, and corn flake crumbs.
4. Heat some oil in a pot to about 325°F and fry each cordon bleu stick for about 10 minutes. Then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350°F.
This version of the Swiss classic is perfect for a cozy night in front of the TV when you're hanging out with friends. It's also ideal for any BBQ, potluck, picnic, or any other shindig where food on a stick comes in extra handy. You're going to love biting into this crunchy and tasty cordon bleu on a stick!
Get the recipe for the Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu On An Orange Skewer featured in the bonus video.