Triple Threat Dessert With Cookies, Cake & Ice Cream
Ice cream is one of the most popular desserts worldwide. But instead of enjoying your chilled delicacy in a cup, on a stick, or in a waffle cone, why not try something completely different? Framed by a creamy layer of chocolate, this sweet treat will put all ice cream cakes to shame!
For the cookies:
- 3½ oz butter
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 3½ oz sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5½ oz flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
For the chocolate shell:
- 21 oz dark chocolate
- 7 fl oz cream
For the filling:
- 32 oz chocolate chip ice cream
- Bundt pan
1. Combine the cookie ingredients as shown in the video and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
2. Use a cookie dough scoop or ice cream scoop to distribute cookie dough portions on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 355°F for 14 minutes.
3. While the cookies cool, melt the dark chocolate and cream over a water bath and stir repeatedly, forming a creamy ganache.
4. Pour about ¾ of the chocolate cream into a Bundt pan and use a spoon to evenly spread it over the inner walls and middle section of the pan.
5. Crumble the cookies over the chocolate ganache and spread around the pan.
6. Add the ice cream to the pan and crumble more cookies over the top.
7. Pour the remaining chocolate ganache over the ice cream and freeze for 20 minutes.
8. Garnish the top of the ice cream cake with cookie crumbs.
You can find the recipe for the Ice Cream Bombe featured in the bonus video here.