No-Bake Cookie Dough Mousse Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Let's be honest: cookies are what get you through the day, the week, the month... your life just wouldn't be complete without them. And as any cookie fiend will tell you, it's pretty much impossible to heed the warning that cookie dough should never be eaten raw – who could possibly resist? Because we think that's a choice that no one should ever have to make, we've created this no-bake cookie dough cake with chocolate mousse and a rich glaze so that you can eat all the cookie dough you want. So grab a spoon and let's do this!
For the edible cookie dough:
- 1½ sticks butter soft butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp milk
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the chocolate mousse:
- ⅔ cup heavy cream, hot
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
For the chocolate glaze:
- 2 cups chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1¼ cups heavy cream, hot
For the decoration:
- small chocolate chip cookies
1. Mix the cookie dough ingredients together and fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the chocolate mousse using the above ingredients, spread most of the mixture over the cookie dough base, and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Tip: Save some of the chocolate mousse for later to decorate the top of the cake.
3. Chop the bittersweet chocolate into small pieces and mix it with the hot cream. Stir the mixture until smooth, pour the finished ganache over the cake, and let it cool.
4. Decorate the top of the cake with chocolate mousse swirls and mini chocolate chip cookies.
Now you can indulge in cookie dough, cookies, cake, mousse, and chocolate all at once... and without that pesky worry that you're doing something wrong! You can find the recipe for the Chocolate Donut Cake featured in the bonus video here.