When Coffee & Smoothie Become One!
Coffee goes with mornings like salt goes with pepper. After a few sips of that "liquid gold," dark under eye circles begin to disappear, and excessive yawning comes to a halt. Many people simply can't live without it! A different and perhaps more healthy alternative in the morning is the increasingly popular smoothie. What would happen if both of these favorites were combined? The answer is simple: the best breakfast of all time, of course!
- 1 cup of strong coffee
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 tsp honey
- Brew your coffee, and leave it to cool. Pour it into an ice cube tray, and let it freeze overnight.
- Once the coffee is finished, put the remaining ingredients into a mixer, along with your coffee ice cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and if you like, top it off with whipped cream and cocoa powder!
Other than patiently waiting for the coffee to freeze, this recipe is a breeze! Of course you can also prepare your smoothie with cooled coffee, but nothing beats an ice-cold drink in the summertime. Cheers!