A taste of the Caribbean: Coconut Cheesecake
There are three good reasons why cheesecake is such a popular dessert: 1. It's quick and easy to make, 2. Almost everyone likes it, and 3. It's easy to try out all kinds of new flavor variations. Here we'll show you our version of this famous treat with a bit of tropical flair thrown into the mix. When that coconut, vanilla and almond hits your tongue, you'll feel like you're basking in the sun on a white, sandy beach in the Caribbean!
- 1 cup vanilla sandwich cookies
- coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 17 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- 1 cup whipping cream
- sliced almonds
- chocolate sauce for decoration
- Chop up the vanilla cookies and coconut flakes using a food processor.
- Add the melted butter and mix until you have a grainy mixture.
- Put the mixture in a baking form, press it firm and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Spread the cream cheese mix onto the cooled cake crust and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Whip up the cream.
- Decorate your cheesecake with whipped cream, almond slices and chocolate sauce.
You can watch how it's done in this video:
So the next time you need a quick escape to the tropics, you can whip up this tasty cake and let it transport you to the sunny Caribbean. And don't forget to invite your family and friends along on this delicious journey!