Tropical Baked Pineapple With A Coconut Coating And Berry Core
When you think of tropical flavors, pineapple and coconut are on the top of everyone's list. This delicious duo makes the perfect base for a refreshing treat. In this recipe for a baked pineapple dessert, we're stuffing a whole pineapple with a fruity berry core and covering it with a creamy coconut coating made of irresistible Raffaello candies and toasted coconut. Give your taste buds the tropical vacation they deserve with this fun, fruity dessert!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 pineapple
- 4 oz raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 25–30 Raffaello candies
- ⅓ cup coconut milk or coconut yogurt
- 1 waffle
- 1 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Once the oven is ready, bake the pineapple for 1 hour. Remove the pineapple from the oven, let it cool, then cut off the top, bottom, and rind. Use a clean kitchen towel to pat the fruit dry.
2. Mix together the strawberry jam and raspberries, then fill the center of the pineapple with the mixture. Place the stuffed pineapple on top of a cooked round waffle.
3. Place the Raffaello candies and coconut milk or yogurt in a food processor, then mix them together until the consistency becomes smooth an creamy.
4. Spread the coconut mixture evenly around the outside of the stuffed pineapple to make a thick coating around the entire thing. Toast the shredded coconut lightly in a pan, then sprinkle it over the top of the coconut layer.
This baked pineapple with a coconut coating is one dessert you can feel good about eating. Healthy, fruity, tropical, and delicious, you'll keep coming back for more!