Apple Pie Fries: Miniature Cinnamon Apple Pies To-Go
Shiny and packed with nutrients, apples are a favorite among many. Not only do they taste great, but they can be enjoyed in an endless variety of ways. Whether used in a pie, jam, salad, or plucked and eaten fresh from the tree, this beloved fruit never disappoints. If you're crazy about apples, then this unbelievably simple recipe for a mess-free version of the classic American apple pie is sure to make your day!
You will need:
- 2 apples
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg
- cinnamon & sugar
- Peel, core, and cut both apples into small cubes.
- Put the apples, along with the sugar, cinnamon and water into a pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Once the apples are soft, use a hand mixer to blend until saucy.
- Roll your pastry onto a baking tray lined with paper, and cut it the the middle.
- Spread the apple mixture on one half of the pastry, and then place the other half on top.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the apple-filled pastry into equal-sized fingers. Brush with beaten egg, and finally sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Now bake for 10-14 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce or a dip of your choice!
If you have your own apple tree, now you have another reason to look forward to the harvest! Lucky for the rest of us, there's alway a shiny mountain of apples waiting at most markets. Enjoy!