Spread that holiday cheer: Christmas tree cupcakes!
For many, Christmas trees are an essential part of this magical time of year.
So why settle for one, when you can have a whole forest? With this creative recipe, you can easily create mini Christmas trees that are as beautiful as they are delicious!
You will need:
- pre-baked cupcakes
- buttercream or cream cheese frosting
- ice cream cones
- green food coloring
- powdered sugar
- Transfer 1/3 of the frosting into one bowl, and 2/3 into another. Add green food coloring to the larger portion and mix well.
- Spread the plain frosting onto the cupcakes to create a layer of "snow!"
- Carefully spread the green frosting onto the ice cream cones so that they are completely covered. Once finished, set one frosted cone upside down on each cupcake.
- Transfer the rest of the green frosting into a piping bag with a star tip and begin piping around the cone, row after row. As a final touch, let it snow! Dust your edible Christmas trees with powdered sugar.
How lovely are thy branches! Your next gingerbread house can be surrounded by beautiful Christmas trees! No matter how they are presented, these festive desserts will bring some holiday cheer to any table.