There's land ahead with these mini chorizo zucchini boats!
Billowing waves, an endless horizon, the smell of salt in the air: anyone who has been out to sea on a boat is familiar with a feeling of limitless freedom. Unless, of course, you are prone to seasickness. If that's the case, no need to worry! In this boat, your feet stay dry and your stomach has never been happier!
- 1 large zucchini
- 2.5 oz yellow bell pepper
- 3.5 oz cubed chorizo or salami
- 1 oz diced red onion
- 2 oz black olives
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise and, using a spoon, hollow out both sides making sure that you keep the outer part intact.
- Transfer your zucchini flesh to a bowl, adding the chorizo, black olives, bell pepper, red onion, minced garlic clove, salt, pepper, and finally olive oil. Mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into your hollowed zucchini halves and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the zucchini for 15 minutes at 355°F.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves, and your boats are ready to be served!
All hands on deck! If you prefer a vegetarian dish, simply leave out the chorizo. And for a smaller, thicker boat, the same recipe can be prepared using an eggplant instead. Ahoy and enjoy!