Like a vacation in Spain: Succulent chicken meets fiery chorizo
Spain's cuisine has so much more to offer than paella and tapas (as yummy as those can be). Do you know chorizo? If not, you should! It's Spain's spicy-delicious national sausage and though it's delish as is, it can also be used as the basis for lots of great dishes.
One typical combination is with chicken and, making this recipe, you'll see how simple and mouthwatering they are together! The best thing is that you barely have to do anything. Just put everything onto a baking pan and let the oven do its job.
- 3.5 oz chorizo, sliced
- 5 chicken thighs
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 new potatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Arrange the slices of chorizo in the center of a baking tray and surround with the chicken thighs.
- Quarter the tomatoes, potatoes, and onions and cut the paprika into strips and place each in one of the four corners of the tray.
- Add a whole garlic clove to each vegetable.
- Drizzle all of the ingredients with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, oregano and paprika.
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove and turn the meats over, then continue baking for a further 10 minutes.
You can review all the steps in this video:
Now all you need is some Spanish wine and you'll be dreaming of stucco houses, grand cathedrals, and blue skies. As they say in Spain, "¡Buen provecho!"