Dream or reality? Chocolate Pizza
Even the fussiest of fussy children can agree: pizza is awesome! It's pretty much the only dish that enjoys universal approval. Or can you think of another one? Spinach: no. Broccoli: no. Liver: ack!
But if pizza has one potential competitor to the "Loved by Everyone" prize, it might just be this dark horse candidate. Not just dark, but dreamy, melty, smooth and sweet. Oh yes, you know this gratifying goody: it's chocolate! Pizza still might have the edge, but as they say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
You will need:
For the dough base:
- 3¾ cups flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2½ tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup
For the sauce:
- 7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup cream
For the toppings:
- 1.75 oz white chocolate
- 1.75 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1.75 oz milk chocolate shavings
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dough in a large mixing bowl and knead until smooth, then forming it into a ball. Let it rise for an hour. Roll the dough to about a half an inch thickness and cut it into a circle by tracing around a plate with a knife. Bake at 320 °F for 10 minutes.
- To make the "pizza sauce" melt chopped chocolate with cream over a waterbath and stir until smooth. Then spread over the freshly baked "pizza dough."
- Now decorate the pizza with a variety of chocolate chunks, chips and shavings. Slice with a pizza cutter and get out of the way, fast!
Our suggestion: serve this treat as a finale to your next pizza party. Just be sure to invite us too!