No Moles In This Mound – Just Yummy Cream & Bananas
There's really only one place you want to see a molehill: your plate. And of course that's no dirt – it's a delectable chocolate crumble concealing a lusciously creamy interior! Leave the cake mix on the shelf next time you're at the store, because you can make this delicious chocolate banana cake completely from scratch.
- 1 2/3 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 bananas
- 1 2/3 cups cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate shavings
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the bottom cake layer mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, flour, and cocoa powder in a large bowl until the batter is smooth. Pour it into a springform cake pan and bake it at 350°F for one hour.
- As soon as this layer is baked and has completely cooled off, spoon out a hole in the middle, setting that bit of cake carefully aside. Place the bananas side by side in the empty space in the center of the cake layer.
- Whip the cream until it's stiff and fold in the chocolate shavings and vanilla extract. Then spoon it onto the bananas.
- Now for the finale: crumble up the part of the cake you spooned out and sprinkle the crumbs over the top.
One bite and you're floating on a cloud. Bananas, chocolate, and cream are a divine combo. Every gardener will welcome this molehill — and all your other guests too!