Our Chocolate Malt Cake With Crispy Whoppers Is An Original Eye-Catcher
While it's true that every chocolate cake tastes great, this latest culinary invention from the Scrumdiddlyumptious kitchen has something extra special. For its eye-catching design, we've taken our delicious cake to another level by covering it in Whoppers. Take a look for yourself!
For the dough:
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup Ovaltine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 dash baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 oz soft butter
For the buttercream frosting:
- 5 oz soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 oz milk chocolate
For the ganache:
- 5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 5 fl oz warm cream
For the finishing touch:
- 3 packets of Whoppers
- Add all of the ingredients for the dough to a bowl and mix them using an electric whisk.
- Add the dough mix to a small springform cake pan and bake it at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- To prepare the buttercream frosting, first whisk the butter and icing sugar before adding the milk chocolate.
- To prepare the ganache, pour warm cream onto the pieces of dark chocolate and stir the ingredients until the chocolate has completely melted. If you leave the mix for several minutes before stirring, the chocolate should already be almost fully melted.
- Remove the baked, cooled cake from the springform pan and cut it into two pieces horizontally. Next, spread all of the buttercream frosting on top of the cake base before crowning it with the top half. Then cover the outside of the cake with the ganache.
- To finish, decorate the cake by pressing Whoppers into the ganache until it's completely covered.
Wow! The attractive Whoppers design really gives this tasty treat a stunning finish. Whether it's for a birthday surprise or coffee with friends, our Chocolate Malt Cake is sure to get mouths watering!