Chocolate Hazelnut Triangles With An Apricot Jam Filling
Who can resist a delicious dessert with a shortcrust pastry base, a layer of apricot jam, and a delightful topping featuring roasted hazelnuts? Certainly not us! If you're looking for the perfect treat to serve at your coffee klatch or just want something sweet yet light to nosh on, look no further!
You'll Need (for 24):
For the shortcrust pastry dough:
- 3¾ cups flour
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
For the hazelnut topping:
- 14 oz hazelnuts
- 1¾ sticks butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp water
For the chocolate glaze:
- 7 oz milk chocolate
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
1. To prepare the shortcrust pastry dough, add the ingredients to a bowl and knead everything with your hands until a smooth dough forms. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and evenly spread the dough over it.
3. Spread the apricot jam evenly over the dough.
4. Put the hazelnuts in a freezer bag or tea towel and crush them with a rolling pin, pot, or pan to get small pieces.
5. Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, vanilla extract, and water and bring everything to a boil. Add the crushed hazelnuts to the saucepan and mix well.
6. Spread the hazelnut topping over the apricot jam layer on the dough, put the pan in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
7. Once the pastry has cooled down, cut it into 24 equal triangles.
8. Add the milk chocolate and dark chocolate to a glass bowl and melt over a water bath. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and stir well. Dip the 2 short sides of the hazelnut triangles into the melted chocolate and lay on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
You can find the recipe for the Strawberry Ice Cream Choco Tacos featured in the bonus video here.