Sweet seduction: Chocolate caramel dream pie
Sometimes, deciding to partake of a delicious dessert is similar to falling in love: you see it from across the room, and there is an unmistakable connection. Though you may hesitate at first, the alluring power is one that simply cannot be overcome. Often, the passion is fleeting, and you later find yourself feeling guilty, empty and full of regret. Once you taste this chocolate caramel pie, however, you can be sure that some love stories last a lifetime.
You will need:
For the crust:
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 eggs
For the filling:
- 3 1/2 cups cream
- 25 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 25 oz whipped cream
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- cocoa powder
- Put the flour, sugar, salt, and butter into a bowl and knead together to create a dough. Add the eggs and knead once more. Once the dough has a good consistency, sprinkle flour on a work surface and roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
- Place the dough into a springform pan and cut away the excess edges. Bake the crust for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream on the stove and add the bittersweet chocolate to the pot. Stir until the chocolate is completely dissolved. Careful not to bring the mixture to a boil!
- Pour the chocolate cream into the baked crust and refrigerate for five hours so that the chocolate can harden.
- Afterwards, pour and spread the caramel sauce over the chocolate filling. Add half of the whipped cream to the top of the caramel and spread until smooth.
- With the help of a piping bag, make swirls with the remaining whipped cream. Finally, dust a bit of cocoa powder over the top.
It's a match made in heaven. Go on, you deserve it.