7 Chocolate Decorations For Cakes, Tarts, And Muffins: Easy But So Impressive!
They say the first bite is with the eyes. With that in mind, and in order to make your tasty cakes, tarts and muffins even more impressive, here are 7 nifty decoration ideas all carefully crafted from chocolate.
1. Butterfly decorations
- liquid chocolate
- piping bag
- Print a simple motif — like the butterfly you see in the video — in the center of a piece of letter paper and place it on an opened book.
- Place some baking parchment or tracing paper on top and draw the motif in chocolate. By closing the book slightly, you'll give the chocolate the little bend it needs.
- Wait until the chocolate is dry before removing it from the paper.
2. Cake edging that looks like bubble wrap
You can find the complete recipe for the Bubble Wrap Cake, including how to make the chocolate decoration with the bubble wrap pattern, here.
3. Rainbow Chocolate
- dark and brightly-colored chocolate
- First, spread the liquid chocolate into a rectangular shape on a tray and then add a few blobs of the brightly-colored chocolate on top.
- Mix the chocolate with a skewer and sprinkle a few hazelnuts on top, before refrigerating for an hour. Break off individual pieces and use them to decorate your muffins or cupcakes.
4. Chocolate Cream Egg
You can find the complete recipe for this cream mousse inside a chocolate eggshell, including instructions for making the egg, here.
5. Mint leaves made of chocolate
- mint leaves
- liquid chocolate
- Paint one side of the mint leaves with chocolate and wait until they dry.
- Turn the mint leaves over and carefully peel them off the chocolate.
6. Chocolate tea cups
You can find the complete recipe and instructions for making the white chocolate tea service here.
7. Melting chocolate dome
You can find the full instructions for the Ice Cream Surprise, with its spectacular, melting chocolate dome, here.
Here, the decorations themselves are just as tempting as the desserts. It makes you wish you could decorate everything in your life with such fine chocolatey adornments.