White Chocolate Tea Cups: Perfect For An Afternoon Tea Party
There's something about a tea party that has its own special charm. It's like giving yourself permission to celebrate everything whimsical, from polka dots to crinolines to pastels and ribbons. Whether you serve actual tea is really irrelevant. As it happens, we're willing to bet your party guests will be more than happy to forego the tea in favor of something altogether sweeter and brighter!
You'll Need (for 3 servings):
- 14 oz white chocolate
- rainbow sprinkles
- 3½ oz dark chocolate
- 2½ cups whipped cream
- 3 maraschino cherries
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and then let melt over a pot of boiling water.
- After the chocolate is melted, pour it into three silicone cupcake liners, and then pour it immediately out leaving the forms lined (not filled) with white chocolate. Let the chocolate harden (if you don't have much time, the refrigerator can really speed up the process!), and then remove the chocolate from the liners.
- Dip the rim of the chocolate cup into the melted chocolate, and then into the rainbow sprinkles.
- Add the remaining chocolate to a piping bag. Squeeze out three large circles and three "C" shapes onto a piece of parchment paper.
- When these have hardened, pipe a couple of drops of melted chocolate into the middle of the circle and affix the chocolate cup to it. Dip the ends of the handle in melted chocolate and press onto the side of the cup, if necessary holding it there until the chocolate starts to harden.
- Melt the dark chocolate and fold in the whipped cream. Then pipe the chocolate mousse into the chocolate cups. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
The possible variations on these chocolate teacups are endless. You could play around with various different colors of chocolate as the cups as well as the mousse-filling and garnish. Spring is the perfect season for a tea party — have fun!