This Chocolate Crêpe Cake Is A Mountain Of Enjoyment
Have you ever dreamed of climbing a mountain? Lots of people do, but few ever actually do it. And there's a good reason for that — it's really hard. Just try climbing the stairs instead of taking the elevator and you'll quickly realize how challenging it would be. Well, we might not be able to help you climb a mountain, but we can certainly help you make one! And the great thing about this mountainous crêpe cake is that when you're done making it, you can conquer it with your appetite!
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- fresh strawberries
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the water and milk. Melt the butter and add it to the mix. Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix with a mixer. Add flour.
- Use a sieve to distribute the pancake batter into two bowls. Add cocoa powder to one bowl and mix.
- Cover a preheated pan in a light coating of oil. Prepare two stacks of pancakes, one light and one dark.
- Whip the cream.
- On a piece of parchment paper, alternately stack a light pancake, cream, and then a dark pancake until you have used them all.
- Decorate with cocoa powder, powdered sugar and strawberries.
- To serve, cut slices just like you would from a cake.
So the next time you start dreaming about mountain climbing, why not try out this recipe and go for a mountain of flavor instead? After all, some of the best adventures take place right at home in the kitchen!