Chocolate Crêpe Boats Stuffed With Vanilla Cheesecake Cream And Mixed Berries
Served sweet or savory, crêpes are a French delicacy we love to cook and eat. Their light batter is perfect for making deliciously thin pancakes that can get topped off with a whole range of ingredients, like cinnamon sugar, chocolate, or even eggs & cheese! In this recipe, we're opting for sweet crêpes and making them even sweeter by adding chocolate to the mix! Our delicious chocolate crêpes get rolled up into the shape of cute little breakfast boats and then get stuffed with homemade vanilla cheesecake cream, mixed berries, and fresh mint. From their chocolate exterior to their fresh, fruity filling, these chocolate crêpe boats make a sweet breakfast that look as great as it tastes. We're sure this recipe will more than float your boat!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the crêpe batter:
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup flour
For the chocolate crêpes:
- crêpe batter + ¼ cup cocoa powder
For the pancakes:
- crêpe batter + ⅔ cup flour
For the vanilla cheesecake cream:
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ vanilla bean pod
For the crêpe boat:
- 16 chocolate Pocky Sticks
- strawberries, blackberries, raspberries & blueberries
- fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 475°F. For the crêpe batter, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, vegetable oil, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Once the wet ingredients are combined, sift in the flour and stir everything together until a smooth batter forms.
2. Transfer ⅓ of the batter to a different mixing bowl and stir in an additional ⅔ cup of flour to make the pancake batter. For the chocolate crêpes, stir the cocoa powder into the remaining ⅔ of the crêpe batter. Once both batters are combined, transfer the pancake batter to a piping bag.
3. Heat an 11-inch oven-safe frying pan on the stove and pour in some chocolate crêpe batter. Once the batter has solidified, flip the crêpe over and cook it on the other side. Repeat this process 3 more times, making 4 chocolate crêpes in total.
4. Pipe small dots of the pancake batter into the frying pan while it's still hot, transfer the frying pan to the oven, and bake the pancake dots at 475°F for 6 minutes.
5. For the vanilla cheesecake cream, remove the caviar from the vanilla bean pod and beat it together with the cream cheese, sugar, and heavy cream.
6. Roll up 2 sides of a chocolate crêpe until they almost meet in the center, then pinch both ends together and secure them with Pocky Sticks.
7. Fill each chocolate crêpe boat with 2–3 tablespoons of vanilla cheesecake cream and fresh berries.
8. Place the pancake dots between the berries and drizzle more vanilla cheesecake cream on top. Add a few more Pocky Sticks to make the oars for the boats and garnish them with fresh mint.
These delicious chocolate crêpe boats are ready to row straight into your mouth! They make a delicious, stunning breakfast dish that's perfect to serve any time of year!
Get the recipe for the Chocolate Ice Cube Cups featured in the bonus video.