All rolled up: Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Cake
There is nothing like a warm, gooey cinnamon roll. Often, one just isn't enough. With the help of this recipe, allow the cinnamon roll to expand like never before! The best part? Chocolate is also involved:
You will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, egg, salt, vanilla extract, and butter. Place the yeast in 1/2 cup of warm milk and stir until it dissolves. Pour the milk into the large bowl with with other ingredients and mix together to form a dough.
- Cover the bowl with a clean towel and leave for one hour.
- Roll out the dough and spread Nutella evenly on the surface. Afterwards, sprinkle cinnamon over the Nutella.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your dough into thick, even strips. Tightly roll one of the strips and place it in the center of a springform pan. Continue by wrapping the rest of the dough strips around the roll in the center of the pan.
- Now bake your cinnamon roll for 25 minutes at 340 °F. After baking, place the crème fraîche in a pastry bag and apply a decorative design to your cake.
If you prefer something more sweet, replace the crème fraîche with a sugary icing or glaze. If fruity treats suit your fancy, try replacing the Nutella with jam. However you choose to spin it, cut yourself a large slice and enjoy!